Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2 Minute Sketches


Whenever I'm penciling a page, I always keep a folded letter-size piece of paper under my right hand to protect the drawing from smudging. After a while, the paper gets dirty, or I temporarily misplace it, so I grab a new sheet. Instead of discarding the old ones, I've recently started doing really quick sketches on them.

In these examples, Robin's face looks totally messed up. I made his eyes too far apart and he kind of looks Asian. I think at one point during college I was trying to perfect the whole "eyes too far apart" thing when drawing faces, but I've since tried to take a different, more anatomically correct approach. I'll getcha right next time, buddy boy.
I'm pleased with the way the Joker turned out, though. To me, he looks like a combination of the old Cesar Romero Joker with the new, gritty Heath Ledger Joker. (Is anyone else now scared to see that movie? I'm scurred.)

No comments: