Monday, July 23, 2007

"Twosies beats Onesies"



"But nothing beats three."

A little 'Cabaret' for you folks right there.

And the third is coming tomorrow.

The first sketch, Archangel, was done in october of last year. I used a variety of Micron Pens, and wasn't too happy with the results. It was at this time when I was introduced to the Staedtler brush pen I spoke of in another post. This was also the time at which I decided to start doing quick character studies. Unfortunately, I don't think I did another for a couple months after this piece. I'm getting back on track now, as I try to do one almost every day. This Archangel piece took me about an hour, if memory serves me correctly.

The second sketch, done the other day, is of a lame Spiderman villain called Carrion. In the few old Spiderman comics I have which feature this character, I don't even think he speaks. He just kind of hovers around looking ghastly, which I guess could be cool in its own right if you wanted. I like this villain because DAMN, he must STINK! Honestly, this guy must smell like rotting chicken. I always thought he should have been drawn with a more decomposed look than he normally was, but that's just my take. However, it would have pre-dated the zombie fad by about 11 years. This sketch took me approximately 35 minutes and was done with a brush pen.

1 comment:

alicia policia said...

I always hated drawing angel's and archangel's wings. Too much work!

Nice sketches. I like the Carrion one a lot, he's very oogedy boogedy!