Thursday, July 19, 2007

Black Cat


Here's a sketch of the Black Cat (I think that's her name) character from the Spiderman comics. I think it was completed in about 10 minutes or so. I used a great new toy of mine, the Steadtler Mars Graphic 3000 Duo, an incredibly long and nerdy name for a pen. Maybe it's justified in the fact that this pen is so awesome.

It has two usable ends, one being a normal marker and the other being the "brush" side of the pen. I know this double-sided thing is nothing new. Neither is the idea of having a brush pen. However the MG3000D (ha!) stands above the rest for a few reasons. First, the brush is incredibly versatile. It can produce a wonderful range of line thickness, including very fine and delicate lines, much more so than other brush pens I have tried. The second great thing about this pen is the fact that the brush is actually rubber, and not fibers. Therefore, the brush always retains its shape and can still produce fine lines even after repeated hard use. Brush pens, like other marker tips, will eventually break apart and only give you fat nasty lines all the time.

Anyway, I'm planning to do a quick drawing every morning before I begin work just to loosen up and have some fun. Also, I've decided I want to use my favorite lesser known heroes and villains for these sketches. So you won't be finding any Superman or Wolverine here! I guess I will also open this up to suggestions, so please leave a comment with any character(s) you would like to see.

1 comment:

alicia policia said...

Nightcrawler, naturally. ; )