Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Saracen


Here is the third sketch I said I would post. Its of another lame villain called Saracen, who was apparently a middle-eastern terrorist and foe of the Punisher (don't you just LOVE Marvel in the 70's?). Actually, I think this character is from the 90's, but seems like it would have fit into the onslaught of stereotype characters from the 70's such as Shang-chi, Power Man, etc., when Marvel jumped on the exploitation bandwagon. I'm sorry I skimped so bad on the background, because that town outside the window could have been a tad more believable. Overall, I am pretty happy with this sketch. He kind of looks like Borat, though. I should have applied some shadows to the figure as well, but didn't want them to distract from the linework and overall shape of the character. This sketch was completed in about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

alicia policia said...

He does kinda look like Borat. ; )

Nice drawing - I especially like the look and texture of the wall. I think that his legs need a bit more detail on them, though. I like the linework and simplicity of them, but they don't match his upper half. His face and torso have a more detail and mass to them (folds, etc).

Wow, comics harbor some of the worst stereotypes, don't they? But you draw them well!