Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Practice Pages



Did these two pages just for fun. I wanted to try out some pacing techniques.

I've learned that even when the writer has specified a certain number of panels on the page, most writers and editors won't have a problem if you stray from that number for the sake of storytelling. For instance, on the first page, the middle three panels could have been executed in one panel had I chosen to do so. I could have had the guy outside of the alleyway with junk being thrown past him while being suddenly blinded by the lights of an oncoming car. This would not be anything unusual for a writer to ask for in one panel. However, I chose to decompress this bit of action into three panels which hopefully added more of an element of time to the scenario.

Hope you like them!

No comments: