Thursday, October 18, 2007

Illustration Friday - The Blues


Here's my contribution to last week's Illustration Friday topic of "The Blues." My concept for this piece was rejection, and how it can spin us into quite a blue state of mind. So maybe this poor little guy was just given the boot by his girlfriend -- and feels like a its never gonna get better. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have made him so 'emo' due to the fact that its typically hard to feel sympathy for those people. It's like they're asking for it. :)
Kidding.

This posting should probably be for this week's topic, "Extremes," but I'm a little behind due to my workload this week. I have a sketch for the topic, and would like to go to final with it, but doubt I will get it done in time. One of these weeks I'll get it done on time.

2 comments:

alicia policia said...

Sigh! I'll never have time to do IF again. : (

I hope I will, as I hope you will too. This is nice. I wouldn't have thought 'emo' if you didn't mention it, though. But yeah, it is a bit emo.

But then again, aren't we all? ; )

I really dig the line work on this, especially where it's loose and fast. The neck tattoo thing confused me a bit. Still pretty.

More! This week's topic is 'grow.' Oh boy!

Diego Gómez said...

sick, hellboyish even