Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Mighty Thor!


I recently discovered how much I love drawing Thor. His costume is great and he is a very powerful character. I found a sample comic script starring Thor on the Internets, so I thought I would take a swing at them before I get started on my next "real" comics project. This sketch is just one of several I did to get the feel of the character.

I like the composition of the sketch, and I think I got his weight just about right. However, I feel his pose could have been more dynamic. He looks like he is lightly punching something, instead of walloping some poor schmuk. Next time I'll make him look more godly, I promise.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can one really 'lightly punch' something with a hammer in hand? at the very least he's chipping a few teeth.

R A B said...

hey, cool thor man, real nice, love the line quality and weight...

u reading the new Thor these days? it blows my mind, copiel's artwork is so awesome, and i didn't ever thinks i would like a thor comic!