Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Faces - Beast


Kudos to whomever designed this version of the Beast. I like this design MUCH better than the version used throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Here, he looks cat-like rather than just having ambiguously beastial features. Because they decided on a certain animal, I feel that now a much larger range of emotion can be achieved with the character's face.

Actually, when I was little and first getting into comics, the characters of Beast and Logan (Wolverine when not in his costume) confused the hell out of me due to their similar hair, ESPECIALLY when they were on the same team. I would think, how did Wolverine suddenly turn blue and (even more) hairy?! Is it a clone? How, Jim Lee?!?!?! HOW?!?!?!

I think this is my favorite out of the sketches so far.

1 comment:

alicia policia said...

I remember when I was first reading X-Men, the Beast/Logan similarity in looks confused me a bit too... All of that was cleared up with the helpful infomation acquired from the backs of my Marvel cards.

Then there was some other character, probably not Marvel, but he was called Troll. Totally looked like Logan.

And, Old Wolverine hairdo Beast just plain ol' creeped me out. He only ever wore that belted speedo, too. Yuck! Never take fashion tips from The Thing.

I like this, but I can help but feel that something in the general shape is reminding me a lot of the Grinch.

Love the bow tie. He needs an argyle sweater vest to go with it.