Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Painting for a friend



OK, one last post for the month of May (possibly fastest month on record). This painting was done for some friends of mine. They had been wanting a piece of art for this particular space on their wall and had asked me to do a piece. They provided relatively specific direction on what they wanted by giving me names of artists they liked and showing me some sample images of other pieces they admire. The piece is 3 feet by 6 feet, acrylic and oil on canvas, and hangs in the Morley/Maqsood residence in the Panhandle of San Francisco.

In restrospect, the painting could have been a bit looser and more spontaneous. I think this had to do with the fact that I hadn't painted in a while, especially any "fine art" paintings nor anything that large. I'm looking forward to doing another piece for them soon.

Smile everyone. Summer's almost here.

No comments: