Tuesday, November 27, 2007

THANK YOU!!



Thank you to all who showed your support and picked up an issue of Birds of Prey last week.

Overall, I felt pretty good about the issue, considering it was my first printed work. It's weird seeing your work in print for the first time; you have no idea what to expect, especially since there were many stages after mine in the production chain before the product is completed. Aside from my horrid cropping choices, there were points where the inker and colors looked better than I had expected, and there were also areas where I thought color choices were somewhat lacking.

This issue showed me that 1) I've got a hell of a lot to learn, 2) I've got a hell of a lot of competition, and 3) if you keep working hard, you'll grow. (All of these I've already known for as long as I can remember, but there's nothing wrong with a little consistent reminder to keep you on your toes.) I was really nervous working on this issue. The pages that I'm currently working on for my new projects are flowing out of me with much more ease and confidence. The Birds of Prey issue, while completed only 2.5 months ago, seems like ages.

Thanks again.

No comments: